The Missoula Go Red For Women Luncheon® is the signature community event for the American Heart Association’s Go Red For Women movement. 250 women are expected to gather for entertainment, educational seminars, silent auction, and a healthy lunch. To celebrate the 15th year in Missoula, Ron Brunell, Emergency Medical Services Coordinator for the Missoula Fire Department will train all guests in life-saving hands-only CPR.
Go Red began as a campaign to raise awareness about heart disease being the leading killer of women and has turned into a movement to empower women to know their risk for heart disease and take personal action. Heart Disease is the No. 1 killer of women and is more deadly than all forms of cancer and causes 1 in 3 deaths each year. That’s approximately one woman every minute.
The annual event will take place February 23, 9am to 1:30pm at The Double Tree By Hilton. The event includes:
- Women’s Health panel with 5 female providers sponsored by the International Heart Institute
- A session on important medical documents by Garlington, Lohn & Robinson
- A cooking demonstration and taste testing by Montana Beef Council and Bob Zimorino
- Live Auction
- CPR instruction by Missoula Fire Department
The Go Red Kickoff is Saturday, February 10, 12pm-2pm at Southgate Mall clock tower court outside Herbergers. The event includes:
- Heart Healthy snacks and beverages
- goodie bags
- blood pressure readings by International Heart Institute
For more information on Go Red For Women Luncheon visit their WEBSITE.