2014 Annual EEO Public File Report
Licensee: Sheila Callahan & Friends, Inc.
Station Employment Unit:
KMSO 102.5 FM Missoula
KMTZ 107.7 FM Three Forks
KHDV 107.9 FM DARBY
The purpose of this EEO Public File Report is to comply with Section 73.2080(c)(6) of the FCC’s 2002 EEO Rule. This Report has been prepared on behalf of the Station Employment Unit that is comprised of the following station(s): KMSO, Missoula, Montana, KMTZ, Three Forks, Montana and KHDV, Darby, Montana and has been placed in the public inspection files of these stations, and posted on our website.
The information in this report covers the time period beginning December 1, 2013 to and including November 30, 2014.
The FCC’s 2002 EEO Rule requires that this Report contain the following information:
- A list of all full-time vacancies filled by the Station(s) comprising the Station Employment Unit during the Applicable Period;
- For each such vacancy, the recruitment sources(s) utilized to fill the vacancy (including, if applicable, organizations entitled to notification pursuant to Section 73.2080(c) (1)(ii) of the new EEO Rule, which should be separately identified), identified by name, address, contact person and telephone number;
- The recruitment source that referred the hiree for each full-time vacancy during the Applicable period;
- Data reflecting the total number of persons interviewed for full-time vacancies during the Applicable Period and the total number of interviewees referred by each recruitment source utilized in connection with such vacancies; and
- A list and brief description of the initiatives undertaken pursuant to Section 73.2080(c) (2) of the FCC rules.
Sections 1, 2 and 3 which follow have been designed, in the aggregate, to provide the required information. Please note that the numbers listed on Section 2 under the column entitled “Full time positions for which this source was utilized” refer to the number of full-time job positions listed on Section 1.
Annual EEO Public File Report Form
Covering the period from Dec 1, 2013 to Nov. 30, 2014
Licensee: Sheila Callahan & Friends, Inc.
Stations Comprising Station Employment Unit:
KMSO, 102.5 FM
KMTZ 107.7 FM
KHDV 107.9 FM
Section 1: Vacancy Information
|Full-Time Positions Filled by Job Title||Recruitment Source of Hire||Total Number of Interviewees from all sources for this position|
|3||Sales||Missoula Job Service||3|
Total number of persons interviewed during this period: 7
Section 2: Recruitment Source Information
|Recruitment Source||Total # Interviewees this source has provided||Full time positions for which this source was utilized|
|1.||Missoula Independent217 South Orange St.Missoula, MT 59801||0||2JOBS 1, 3|
|2||Missoula Job Service539 South Third West, Missoula, MT 59801 406-728-7060, Wolfgang Ametbischler||1||2JOBS 1, 3|
|4.||Station websitesMountain 1025.comMountain 1077.com||0||3JOBS 1, 2, 3|
|6.||Radio/TV Dept.University of MontanaMissoula, MT 59812-844||0||2JOBS 1, 3|
|7.||Craigslist||4||3JOBS 1, 2, 3|
|9.||Missoula Indian Center33 Fort Missoula RoadMissoula, MT 59804||1||3JOBS 1, 3|
|10.||YWCA1130 West BroadwayMissoula, MT 59802||0||2JOBS 1, 3|
|11.||Bozeman Job Service121 N. Willson Ave.Bozeman, MT 59715||0||1JOB 2|
|12.||MSU Student Employment177 Strand Union Bldg.Bozeman, MT 59717||0||1JOB 2|
|13.||Montana PBSVisual Comm Bldg. 183MSUBozeman, MT 59717||0||1JOB 2|
Section 3: Supplemental (non-vacancy specific) recruitment activities undertaken by stations KMSO, KHDV, KMTZ
- December 10, 2013 KMSO, KMTZ, KHDV General Manager and staff from sales/traffic attended a political advertising webinar sponsored by the Montana Broadcasters Association. The panel format covered FCC rules and regulations as well as Montana statutes and station political files.
- May 8, 2014 KMSO, KMTZ General Manager and sales and programming staff (including IT Department) attended a webinar sponsored by the Montana Broadcasters Association on cyber-legal issues, including FCC policies, public file and contests, 12 noon to 1pm.
- April 24, 2014 KMSO SC&F, Inc. was a major sponsor and developing partner in the annual Job Service Job Fair. We worked on several initiatives in 2014, including a plan to give veterans early and exclusive access to the job fair prior to opening to the public. Assisted organizers in developing a public relations plan and publicized the event on air and online for several weeks prior to the event. SC&F, Inc. staff manned the information booth at the event, giving applicants tips on where to find key employers and answering questions about broadcast careers.
- September 8, 2014 KMSO, KMTZ, KHDV Sales staff, including Sales Manager, attended Montana Broadcasters Association sales seminar and training by national presenter, 9am to 2pm at the Hilton Garden Inn.
- November 12, 2014 KMSO, KHDV General Manager represented Radio Industry in panel at UM Journalism School
Senior Seminar Students
Larry Abramson, Dean of J-School, moderated panel of Radio, TV and Newspaper representatives.
It was a broad-ranging discussion of the current landscape of state-wide, local and regional media, including the types of news positions currently being filled locally, the traditional vs new media influences on media and effects, positive and negative, of new technology on ethics and trends. Students were all seniors and most will be looking in state for their first positions out of school.
- A student from a local high school who is interested in a broadcast career signed up to work on publicity, production and public appearances for our annual toy drive. The student was coached by staff on writing for on air and press and scheduling guests and appearances. The internship is part of a six month senior project the student is working on.
- SC&F, Inc. is a founding partner in the “Graduation Matters” initiative providing creative, production and air time to encourage students to stay in school and get additional training for careers including careers in broadcasting.